How to Treat Flu Naturally
How to Treat Flu Naturally – Flu usually lasts for 1 to 2 weeks with the most severe symptoms occur in about 3 days. In an effort to alleviate the symptoms as well as strengthen the body’s immune system against the virus, following a variety of things you can do :
1. Drink plenty of water
Flu can cause dehydration, especially if accompanied by nausea and vomiting, so you need to drink plenty of water. The water here can be mineral water, juice, or isotonic drinks. Recommended water consumption is about 8 cups (2 L) per day. However, avoid diuretic drinks, such as coffee and alcohol, because they actually trigger dehydration. You can also drink water or warm soup. Not only prevents dehydration, this dish can also help overcome nasal congestion and relieve discomfort due to inflammation of the mucous membranes of your nose and throat. After that, to make sure you have enough water, try checking the color of urine. Urine should be pale yellow to clear.
2. Gargling with salt water
Gargling with salt water can help relieve sore throat and stuffy nose. The reason is, salt water helps dilute thick mucus that may accumulate in the back of your throat.
3. Expand Rest
Flu is an infectious infection so you are advised not to enter for several days. In addition, the flu virus can spread for 1 to 4 days in the environment around people who have been infected. Therefore, when you are sick, take a break and just come back in at least 24 hours after fever and other symptoms subside. Rest makes you feel better and strengthens your body to fight the virus. Also make sure you have enough night sleep, which is about 8 hours per day.
Some of the following suggestions can also help relieve flu symptoms so they can make you feel better.
- Dispose of snot regularly, don’t be sucked back. But don’t throw it too hard until the ears hurt. Simply exhale snot slowly and always wipe with a tissue (one time) afterwards.
- Sleep with extra pillows so that the position is slightly tilted like half sitting. This method can be done if your sleep is disturbed by coughing. This method also helps overcome nasal congestion
- Take lozenges to shorten the duration of the cold. We recommend that you choose products with zinc content.
- Stop smoking or be exposed to cigarette smoke. This habit can worsen symptoms
- Apply an ointment with petroleum jelly if the skin around your nose and lips hurts due to too often rubbing the tissue.